Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday pants!

Adam's birthday is this week and we celebrated at my mom's house this past weekend. She bought balloons (one of his absolute favorite things in life) and crepe paper in all the colors he knows, and I must say I was more excited for his party than I have been for any other celebration, hmm, maybe ever.

I made him some linen trousers. They've got the cutest pockets, and are fully finished inside, so no stray threads. I even made a little piping to go around the front waist piece. I'd originally picked out a deep burgundy fabric with tiny gold stars for the facing and trim, but switched midstream to a blue fabric with tiny-tiny flowers. It was easier to work with, and I'd already made a ton of 1/4" bias tape in that print, so that's what I used.

I'll have to get some photos of him wearing them, which is hard to do because he's such a busy person. I'll see what I can get away with tomorrow morning when he's more, um, pliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment